iKIDS / MOBILE / TV / WEB
In a highly anticipated presentation event hosted by renowned comedian Allana Harkin, the global kids entertainment industry saluted the best work in children’s television and digital media at the annual Kidscreen Awards. Read on for a full list of this year’s winners.
CONSUMER PRODUCTS / GEAR / iKIDS / TV
With two decades under its belt, Kidscreen looks at where the kids entertainment industry is headed next with the help of industry analysts, a little number-crunching and some nifty VR headsets.
iKIDS / KID INSIGHT / MOBILE / WEB
A new study from Sesame Workshop’s Joan Ganz Cooney Center reveals that under-connected internet access among low-income American families is having a far-reaching impact when it comes to education and economic opportunities.
Spain’s Anima Kitchent and Mexican free-to-air broadcaster Televisa will produce the new animated preschool show Cleo and Cuquin.
- In the midst of its boardroom drama, Viacom profits fall 10%… (Los Angeles Times)
- The importance of play – and why kids aren’t getting enough of it (NPR)
- Pay-what-you-want digital storefront Humble Bundle delves into original content (Games Industry)
- TV nets want a piece of the burgeoning eSports action (AdWeek)
Twenty years ago, long before he became SVP and GM of DHX Studios. Ken Faier was Kidscreen‘s first publisher. Faier reflects on how the industry has changed over the past two decades – and why it’s also exactly the same.
A branded toy range and gaming app are launching in the UK to coincide with the debut of the animated Lego Nexo Knights series, which currently airs daily on both Cartoon Network UK and US.
- Google is allowing VR to graduate from its Cardboard days (CNET)
- Monica Lewinsky wants to fight cyberbullying with emojis. Is she onto something? (Re/code)
- Little laps of luxury: Playmobil’s US$45 toy Porsche offers a lesson in precision (Gizmodo)
- This Montreal animation studio is about to have a film production boom (Variety)