BLOGS / Bridging The Gap
In light of the FTC’s recent ruling that Focus Education made unproven claims about its Jungle Rangers game, David Kleeman shares how developers and companies can avoid ending up in this position.
Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman announced today that the new kids programming platform will be an effort to reach the fast-growing mobile market.
PEOPLE MOVES / TV
Laura Clunie is joining Spin Master Entertainment as its new VP of creative affairs, girls and preschool.
COMPANIES / NEWS / PEOPLE MOVES
On the heels of Michelle Raimo Kouyate’s departure as production president of Sony Pictures Animation, the studio has tapped DreamWorks Animation vet Kristine Belsonas its new president.
Disney is launching a new princess character who will star in new animated series Elena of Avalor, a spin-off of preschool hit Sofia the First.
Barbie global sales fell by 12% in the fourth quarter, contributing to Mattel’s 6% drop in overall global sales. Year-end results show the toyco’s revenues down by 7% overall to US$6.02 billion.
- Twitter’s CEO on content discovery and helping your audience find you through all the noise (Variety)
- How a social media stunt helped Mike Mika turn #IDARB into a multiplayer game phenomenon (Wired)
- Why YouTubers like PewDiePie aren’t impressed with Nintendo’s new YouTube gaming program (Forbes)
- Crossy Road mobile game picks up US$1 million from ads (alistdaily)
Genius Brands International has tapped digital specialist Jason Brumbaugh to head up all digital initiatives for the L.A.-based global brand-management company.
- Why Samsung may be losing the title of world’s biggest smartphone maker (Mashable)
- Big three game consoles have all untethered from the TV (Wired)
- OTT video sees sharp rise in Asia Pacific and Latin America (Broadband TV News)
- Guardians of the Galaxy star Chris Pratt rumored to be next Indiana Jones (Forbes)