Career at a Glance
- Received a bachelor of arts degree from Sarah Lawrence College in New York.
- Joined the advertising and promotions department at NBC Radio as an administrator.
- Worked as a writer, producer and production assistant for the Movie Channel, where he helped create promotional and interstitial programming.
- Joined Nickelodeon in 1984 as producer of on-air promotions.
- Became senior vice president and creative director for Nickelodeon’s on-air promotions. In that position, he led the redesign for Nick Jr.; named and packaged SNICK, the prime-time Saturday block; led the development of The Adventures of Pete & Pete; guided the on-air creative for Nickelodeon’s volunteer initiative ‘The Big Help’; and oversaw the creative direction of ‘Creative Lab,’ a program developed to bring characters, stories and formats to Nickelodeon’s on-air environment.
The New Job
- Appointed senior vice president, Nickelodeon and Nick at Nite TV Land On-line Network, and is responsible for establishing and directing the creative vision and business strategy for Nickelodeon’s on-line business.
‘Some of the challenges exist because on-line is a new business, and as in all new businesses, it’s imperative to make the right business decisions and seize the right creative opportunities. Nonetheless, my vision is to create a satisfying on-line experience for kids regardless of what their computer capability is.’