Career at a Glance
- Graduated from California State University, Northridge and obtained an MBA from UCLA.
- Worked as a chef and restaurateur for ten years.
- Began a career in animation at DIC Animation as chief financial officer.
- Entered the toy development business as vice president of Alchemy II.
- In 1988, joined Jetlag Productions, Inc. as executive vice president in charge of development, production, international co-productions, and domestic and international sales.
The New Job
- Appointed vice president of production for the start-up children’s entertainment division of Columbia TriStar, and is overseeing production for two animated network shows-Jumangi (UPN) and Project GeeKeR (CBS)-making their debut in the fall, and the pre-production for Dragon Tales (PBS) for 1997-98.
‘To establish a creative atmosphere in which top talent can flourish, to deliver innovative, exciting programming that will make its mark in a crowded marketplace, and to build animation assets for Sony that will stand the test of time.’