Nursery rhymes and songs dominate this years list of the most popular videos on YouTube Kids, according to YouTube. Seven of the top-10 most popular videos in 2019 are nursery rhymes or kids songs.
The number one most watched video is 36-minute “This is the way + More Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs” (pictured), with 128 million views on YouTube proper since it was uploaded in February. It was created by popular preschool channel Cocomelon – Nursery Rhymes (66.8 million subscribers).
YouTube didn’t share how many views each video got on YouTube Kids, but the views on YouTube itself are public.
Next up, popular kidfluencer Ryan from Ryan’s World (formerly Ryan ToysReview) snagged the second spot with the “ABC Song Learn English Alphabet for Children with Ryan! | Kids Nursery Rhymes” video. That four-minute video, launched in January, has earned more than 154 million views on YouTube.
Taking third place is Entertainment One’s popular Peppa Pig brand with the hour-long “Peppa Pig Goes to Digger World! Parents’ Day Special,” which has more than 31 million views on YouTube. It’s one of the few non-musical or nursery rhyme-focused videos to make it into the top-10. The other non-musical videos also come from some of the biggest brands in kids entertainment, including Nick Jr.’s short video “Junior Dress Up Party! ft. PAW Patrol + Shimmer & Shine Ep. 6″ (25 million views) at number four and Disney Junior UK’s short “PJ Masks | The Easter Egg Hunt” (2 million views) comes in at number eight.
YouTube Kids is slowly growing its reach with UK preschoolers, with 22% using the platform to view content in 2019, up from 21% in 2018, according to market research firm Childwise. The platform went through some shifts this year after YouTube agreed to pay US$170 million to the FTC and New York Attorney General to settle allegations that it was violating children’s privacy laws. The day after it reached that agreement, YouTube launched a US$100 million fund to help content makers create original kids content for its platforms globally, after it was announced that targeted ads would be removed from videos made for kids.
The full list of the most popular videos on the platform from 2019 is:
- CocoMelon: “This is the way + More Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs“
- Ryan’s World: “ABC Song Learn English Alphabet for Children with Ryan! | Kids Nursery Rhymes“
- Peppa Pig: “Peppa Pig Goes to Digger World! Parents’ Day“
- Nick Jr.: “Junior Dress Up Party! ft. PAW Patrol + Shimmer & Shine Ep. 6“
- BabyBus: “‘No No’ Potty Song | Play Safe Song | Nursery Rhymes | Kids Songs | Toddler Songs“
- Sesame Street: “Nursery Rhymes Songs Compilation with Elmo and Friends!“
- Mother Goose Club Playhouse: “Dinosaur Stomp and More | PRETEND ANIMAL DANCE SONG “
- DisneyJuniorUK: “PJ Masks | The Easter Egg Hunt“
- Super Simple Songs: “If You’re Happy And You Know It | Kids Songs“
- Little Angel: Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs: “Baby’s Visit To The Doctor“