With US retailers already weighing in on this year’s holiday heavyweights, Canadian mass-market retailer Zellers, through consultation with companies like Hasbro and Mattel, has drafted up its own predictions for the Top 10 must-have toys of the holiday season.
The company believes the following items will make Canuck kids jump for joy this year:
- I Am T-Pain Microphone voice manipulator
- Fijit Friends dancing robots
- Sesame Street Playskool Let’s Rock! Elmo
- Cookie My Playful Pup
- Lite Sprites by WowWee
- MXS Fast Wheels
- Redakai clear, plastic, holographic, 3D playing cards
- Tonka XT Ricochet Tricksters remote controlled vehicles
- Transformers Construction sets
- Doctor Dreadful Zombie Lab
In terms of consistency with the US market, Fijit Friends, I Am T-Pain Microphone, Lite Sprites, Cookie My Playful Pup and Let’s Rock Elmo seem to be the recurring items on retailers’ lists north and south of the border.