Articles Tagged ‘Nintendo 3DS’
Viz Media Europe has appointed UK agency Bulldog Licensing and German brand management company m4e to rep Japanese anime sensation Yo-kai Watch in the UK and German-speaking territories, respectively.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is looking to put the Lego Friends franchise into the hands of more girls by introducing the property to Nintendo DS and 3DS handhelds this fall.
Novel Entertainment’s Horrid Henry continues to expand on the licensing front with the release of The Good, The Bad and The Bugly, the third video game based on the UK children’s literary character, and the first Horrid Henry title for Nintendo 3DS.
It looks like marketing efforts and price cuts are paying off for the Nintendo 3DS. According to market research firm The NPD Group’s October 2011 analysis, the 3DS has sold 1.65 million units since launching in the US in March, making it viable that the system could beat out its predecessor, the DS, in first-year sales.
- More 3D video content is expected to hit the Nintendo 3DS following a content deal with DreamWorks (CNET)
- If the rumors are true, the iPhone 5 is about to make smartphones a whole lot smarter (Mashable)
- From Russia… how broadcasters are shaking up programming in an effort to lure young people back to the boob tube (The Hollywood Reporter)
- More people are using mobile devices to browse eCommerce sites – but they’re not always leaving as happy customers (Internet Retailing)
- Not everything is made in China. In fact, Chinese goods and services only accounted for 2.7% of US spending last year (Los Angeles Times)
- In Japan, Nintendo 3DS price cuts cause sales to soar (PC World)
- A Parents Television Council study accuses a slew of kids’ cartoons of being inappropriate (The Hollywood Reporter)
- A journey inside J.K. Rowling’s new Pottermore.com (Publishers Weekly)