Articles Tagged ‘Nintendo’
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is looking to put the Lego Friends franchise into the hands of more girls by introducing the property to Nintendo DS and 3DS handhelds this fall.
Classic Nintendo video game characters like Mario and Princess Peach are taking new form thanks to a licensing deal with Jakks Pacific. The toymaker will manufacture, market and distribute a line of toys and related consumer products for almost all Nintendo properties.
From Google Fiber striking a major content deal with Disney to Nickelodeon aiming to rebound in the ratings with its more than a dozen new commissions including the re-vamped version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, here’s the latest on some hot topics impacting the kids entertainment biz.
- Why kidsnets are adapting digitally to maintain the attention of today’s younger, more tech savvy multitaskers (Los Angeles Times)
- How focusing on loyalty and changing consumer demands have kept Mattel and Hasbro at the top (Yahoo)
- Nintendo says it won’t block used games on its Wii U unlike rumored restrictions from Sony and Microsoft (TG Daily)
- How opening facebook to kids would boost its mobile ad revenue (Sydney Morning Herald)
- And so it begins… Disney’s new original mobile character gets his own web series (The Hollywood Reporter)
- As interest in the Wii plummets so too does Nintendo’s profit (CNET)
- Communist leaders in China propose new limits on media and internet freedoms (The New York Times)
- Can Halloween resist the mobile revolution? (Advertising Age)