Articles Tagged ‘Kindle’
What is it going to take to win the battle of streaming services? What features will score subscribers and glue those eyeballs to the screen? This week, Dr. Carla Fisher performed an informal review of 13 children’s on-demand video streaming services and shares her thoughts on stand-out features.
- About a third of UK kids under the age of 10 have their own smartphones (BBC)
- Long overdue? Amazon Kindle eBooks now available at 11,000 US public libraries (The New York Times)
- Speaking of eBooks, Scholastic invests heavily in digital growth at the expense of other business areas (The Wall Street Journal)
- Get ready for more teenagers with superpowers… Sabrina the Teenage Witch is back (Los Angeles Times)
- Amazon’s Kindle opens its doors to library lending (Publishers Weekly)
- After a spoiled prom night, Fox considers cracking down on leaks made on social networks (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Apple TV is starting to turn heads -and profits? (TechCrunch)
- Tron-inspired designs make the future a little more tangible (HypeBeast)
Sometimes words just aren’t enough. And with that in mind, the publishing industry is evolving in tandem with the rise of electronic books and the groundbreaking platforms upon which they’re read. Its latest moves in the digital space revolve around a new crop of augmented eBooks that are so fresh they have yet to receive an official name.