CONSUMER PRODUCTS / PEOPLE MOVES
After 15 years with the company, Mattel’s chief executive and chairman Bryan Stockton (pictured) is resigning from his position, as Christopher Sinclair takes the reins as chairman and interim CEO.
BROADCASTING / CONSUMER PRODUCTS / NEWS
Ink Global has secured 11 new Italian licensing deals for Russian animated preschool series Masha and the Bear.
CONSUMER PRODUCTS / NEWS / RETAIL / RETAILER
US retail toy sales grew by 4% to US$18.08 billion and Disney’s Frozen was the top US property in 2014, according to the latest numbers from market research firm The NPD Group.
More news from CES: Fuhu is taking “Go Big or Go Home” to new levels with a line of TV-sized tablets and a whack of new digital offerings that go beyond the realm of handheld devices.
FremantleMedia Kids & Family Entertainment is stacking the licensee roster for its UK-based Classic Danger Mouse licensing program.
Research can reveal a lot of things…sometimes even things we don’t want to know. While researching “research,” Wendy discovered one of the lesser known, but widely accepted and highly effective methodologies. After talking to practioner Paul Bolls, she was hooked.
- Storytelling, coding play into kids app trends for 2015 (The Guardian)
- Can YouTube maintain its top spot? (Stream Daily)
- Disney’s CFO on the company’s strategy for movie franchises (The Hollywood Reporter)
- New art-based website lets anyone get creative with emoji (Fast Company)
- SpongeBob, Batman, Mario, Pac-Man, and The Smurfs among classic characters featured in McDonald’s new animated ad (AdAge)