iKIDS / KID INSIGHT / MOBILE / WEB
According to The NPD Group’s new Interactive Gaming Toys report, 40% of parents in the US own at least one toys-to-life franchise and have spent an average of US$131 on this gaming segment in the past six months.
A new line of Fisher-Price Blaze and the Monster Machines toys is now available exclusively through Toys ‘R’ Us until the end of July.
- Director Brad Bird back for more adventures with sequel to The Incredibles (TIME)
- Retail giant Walmart picks up 13 Target stores in Canada (Globe and Mail)
- How Hasbro’s licensing strength is key to the toyco’s growth (Seeking Alpha)
- With ratings up 16% over the last year, Cartoon Network’s strategy for bringing in girl viewers seems to be working (New York Times)
Zodiak Kids has inked a production and distribution deal with Tower 10 Media Group that will see newly formed production arm Zodiak Kids Studios partner with Thomas Brezina’s Vienna- and London-based company on multiple co-productions.
- ABC officially greenlights show for The Muppets (The Verge)
- The nine-year-old who makes over US$1 million a year on YouTube (Daily Mail)
- Amazon takes a more gender-neutral approach to its toys section (The Independent)
- From Barbie to McDonalds, five iconic brands impacted by changing consumption habits (Fortune)