PEOPLE MOVES / TV
Laura Clunie is joining Spin Master Entertainment as its new VP of creative affairs, girls and preschool.
COMPANIES / NEWS / PEOPLE MOVES
On the heels of Michelle Raimo Kouyate’s departure as production president of Sony Pictures Animation, the studio has tapped DreamWorks Animation vet Kristine Belsonas its new president.
Hasbro is once again soliticiting fans to help design a new Transformers character.
BROADCASTING / CONSUMER PRODUCTS / NEWS
Ink Global has secured 11 new Italian licensing deals for Russian animated preschool series Masha and the Bear.
- Webinar: COPPA enforcement and lessons learned from Yelp, TinyCo and past FTC cases (kidSAFE)
- YouTube network Fullscreen launches film division starring digital-native talent (The Hollywood Reporter)
- With Pixar vets on hand, Oculus to make virtual reality movies (Wall Street Journal)
- Substance over style: Predictions for this year’s gaming industry (The Guardian)
After 15 years with the company, Mattel’s chief executive and chairman Bryan Stockton (pictured) is resigning from his position, as Christopher Sinclair takes the reins as chairman and interim CEO.
After a string of under-performing films at the box office, DreamWorks Animation has announced a restructure that will see the studio cut 500 jobs and reduce its film slate. Entertainment analyst Tuna Amobi says DWA is on the right track.
- Children’s TV pioneer Peggy Charren passes away (Variety)
- What matters most to Gen Z (today’s kids) (AdAge)
- South Korea’s largest entertainment conglom CJ E&M launches animation division with eye on China (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Can Maker Studios draw traffic from YouTube to its own site, Maker.tv? (Wall Street Journal)