COMPANIES / CONSUMER PRODUCTS / NEWS
Ink Global and the Arabian License Company have merged to create new licensing agency Ink ALC, serving Russia CIS, MENA, SEA and the Nordics.
iKIDS / MOBILE / NEWS / WEB
DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have unveiled brand-new websites for classic animated properties Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo and DC Comics.
In the midst of Screen-Free Week (May 4 to 10) David Kleeman looks at the complex issue of screen time, and how navigating the array of devices and accompanying flood of content demands media literacy and management instead of taking a break from screens.
Ireland’s Monster Entertainment has sealed a raft of new deals for Jungle Beat in Europe, Africa, North America and Latin America.
- Star Wars rollout being executed in “a very careful way” according to Disney’s CEO (Hollywood Reporter)
- American Girl makes Canadian debut in Indigo stores (Financial Post)
- Infographic: The rise of streaming in the US home entertainment market (AdWeek)
- The rise of VR: Oculus Rift to start shipping early next year (The Guardian)
- How talent agencies are changing the business of streaming (Stream Daily)
- Is YouTube ready to enter the long-form movie biz? (Video Ink)
- Study: People aren’t paying to own digital content so much as they’re paying to access it via subscription or streaming options (Gamesindustry.biz)
- Hulu expands its footprint following five deals with cable operators (Variety)