COMPANIES / CONSUMER PRODUCTS / NEWS
Ink Global and the Arabian License Company have merged to create new licensing agency Ink ALC, serving Russia CIS, MENA, SEA and the Nordics.
iKIDS / MOBILE / NEWS / WEB
DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have unveiled brand-new websites for classic animated properties Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo and DC Comics.
- How plantable children’s books in Argentina are inspiring young readers to be ecologically responsible (Springwise)
- Toy IP Beyblade to get live-action movie treatment from Paramount (Deadline)
- Why Disney CEO Bob Iger enjoys working with startups (Business Insider)
- Rise in video-viewing one of the bright spots of 2015 Internet trends (Re/code)
- Can Robert Rodriguez bring his Spy Kids magic to Warner Bros.’ live-action Jonny Quest feature? (Variety)
- A whole new world of animation lighting: How Inside Out’s Joy got her glow (Indiewire)
- Disney set to continue its stock-market streak with a steady lineup of popular content and its ability to feed business between divisions (TIME)
- Derek Jeter to be honored with Legend Award at Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Sports 2015 (The Hollywood Reporter)