iKIDS / MOBILE / NEWS / WEB
Gaming phenom Minecraft is continuing to expand its franchise footprint with the upcoming game series Minecraft: Story Mode, currently being developed by digital entertainment publisher Telltale Games and Mojang.
COMPANIES / CONSUMER PRODUCTS / iKIDS / MOBILE / NEWS / RETAIL / WEB
Disney has combined two of its core business divisions – consumer products and interactive – into a single Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) arm in an effort to better meet changing consumer preferences in a technology-driven marketplace.
- In a surprise move, Disney could be planning a live-action Prince Charming movie (Variety)
- Why LEGO may never find a perfect eco-friendly replacement for its plastic bricks (Wired)
- Mojang shares next steps for Minecraft (The Guardian)
- With Netflix growing globally, more viewers are watching shows across borders (Fortune)
DHX Television’s Family Channel is adding Fresh TV’s new teen performing arts drama to its spring 2016 sked. It’s part of the net’s larger strategy to provide more event-style programming to its core tween viewers during the week.
Former Fox exec John Cora is set to guide the overall research strategy for Sprout and NBC Kids as the 24-hour preschool network’s new VP of insights and strategy.
- Disney reaches US$3 billion at 2015 global box office in record time (Variety)
- The My Little Brony phenomenon: Hasbro’s unanticipated audience (Forbes)
- Comic book, graphic novel sales hit 20-year high in 2014 (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Gender bias dispute on a store’s toy signs erupts on Twitter (Mirror)