COMPANIES / CONSUMER PRODUCTS / iKIDS / MOBILE / NEWS / RETAIL / WEB
Disney has combined two of its core business divisions – consumer products and interactive – into a single Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) arm in an effort to better meet changing consumer preferences in a technology-driven marketplace.
BROADCASTING / TV
Turner Broadcasting has bought nearly 450 half hours from Warner Bros. Animation for Boomerang, marking the newly rebranded 24-hour kidsnet’s first-ever exclusive original content deal.
- There’s something about Pixar: Could Inside Out join Up, Toy Story 3 in getting the exclusive Best Picture nom? (Deadline)
- YouTubers and education to be a big draw at the upcoming Minecon conference (The Guardian)
- Top YouTuber The Bajan Canadian shares his views on YouTube and gaming (Stream Daily)
- The Raccoons creator mulls relaunching the hit animated TV series (Canoe)
iKids Weekly looks at the top five iPad apps in the Apple App Store for kids ages five and under. Leading the charts across the board is a new app from Toca Boca called Toca Life: City, which lets kids become the masters of their own digital world.
- Facebook to premiere three short animated movies from Shorts HD (Variety)
- BBC to axe more than 1,000 jobs as restructuring continues (BBC News)
- Sonia Manzano’s Maria is leaving Sesame Street after 44 years (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Disney’s new CFO Christine McCarthy becomes its most senior female executive ever (Bloomberg)