- Facebook to premiere three short animated movies from Shorts HD (Variety)
- BBC to axe more than 1,000 jobs as restructuring continues (BBC News)
- Sonia Manzano’s Maria is leaving Sesame Street after 44 years (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Disney’s new CFO Christine McCarthy becomes its most senior female executive ever (Bloomberg)
DreamWorks Animation stars King Julien and Turbo are headed to TV screens in Spain courtesy of Planeta Junior, which has inked an unprecedented agreement for nine DWA titles to air on Spanish broadcasters.
Fuhu is expanding its retail reach in the US this summer with two new in-store programs for its nabi Big Tab at Toys ‘R’ Us and Best Buy.
Disney has combined two of its core business divisions – consumer products and interactive – into a single Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) arm in an effort to better meet changing consumer preferences in a technology-driven marketplace.
- Why traditional linear media is succeeding in the digital age (New York Times)
- Star Wars and Avengers boost Pinewood’s revenue to record high (The Guardian)
- The message behind LEGO’s new line of female mini-figures (Business Insider)
- A top YouTuber’s take on curating appropriate gaming videos for kids (Forbes)