- In a surprise move, Disney could be planning a live-action Prince Charming movie (Variety)
- Why LEGO may never find a perfect eco-friendly replacement for its plastic bricks (Wired)
- Mojang shares next steps for Minecraft (The Guardian)
- With Netflix growing globally, more viewers are watching shows across borders (Fortune)
- Disney reaches US$3 billion at 2015 global box office in record time (Variety)
- The My Little Brony phenomenon: Hasbro’s unanticipated audience (Forbes)
- Comic book, graphic novel sales hit 20-year high in 2014 (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Gender bias dispute on a store’s toy signs erupts on Twitter (Mirror)
Gaming phenom Minecraft is continuing to expand its franchise footprint with the upcoming game series Minecraft: Story Mode, currently being developed by digital entertainment publisher Telltale Games and Mojang.
- There’s something about Pixar: Could Inside Out join Up, Toy Story 3 in getting the exclusive Best Picture nom? (Deadline)
- YouTubers and education to be a big draw at the upcoming Minecon conference (The Guardian)
- Top YouTuber The Bajan Canadian shares his views on YouTube and gaming (Stream Daily)
- The Raccoons creator mulls relaunching the hit animated TV series (Canoe)
iKids Weekly looks at the top five iPad apps in the Apple App Store for kids ages five and under. Leading the charts across the board is a new app from Toca Boca called Toca Life: City, which lets kids become the masters of their own digital world.