In an effort to broaden its programming focus and maximize co-viewing, Discovery/Hasbro kidnet The Hub Network will become Discovery Family Channel as of October 13, with Discovery and kids television vet Tom Cosgrove as GM under the leadership of Discovery group president Henry Schleiff.
- What a nine-year-old girl thinks of Disney Infinity 2.0 (Financial Post)
- Analyzing the most successful Kickstarter campaigns by category (Panabee)
- AT&T to woo cord-cutters with bundle that includes HBO, Amazon Prime (Mashable)
- Kindle Unlimited is Amazon’s version of Netflix-for-books in the UK (The Guardian)
- Netflix refuses to hand over confidential subscriber info to Canada’s broadcast regulator (Huffington Post)
- Lion King musical breaks global box office record (The Guardian)
- Why YouTube giant Fullscreen sold to AT&T and The Chernin Group (AdAge)
- Disney’s Maker Studios teams with MiTu to make Latino YouTube content (Variety)
The Toronto-based indie producer is planning an animated TV series based on the musical group that currently stars in Disney Junior’s Imagination Movers.