- Why Samsung may be losing the title of world’s biggest smartphone maker (Mashable)
- Big three game consoles have all untethered from the TV (Wired)
- OTT video sees sharp rise in Asia Pacific and Latin America (Broadband TV News)
- Guardians of the Galaxy star Chris Pratt rumored to be next Indiana Jones (Forbes)
Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman announced today that the new kids programming platform will be an effort to reach the fast-growing mobile market.
Following the success of its inaugural mentorship and investment program in 2014 for tech startups looking to make an impact with new media and entertainment products, Disney is now accepting applications for its 2015 Accelerator initiative.
On the heels of Michelle Raimo Kouyate’s departure as production president of Sony Pictures Animation, the studio has tapped DreamWorks Animation vet Kristine Belsonas its new president.
- Where does Apple go now after record-breaking holiday earnings? (Financial Post)
- In two years, streaming-device ownership to hit 40% in the US (HomeMedia Magazine)
- Snapchat follows YouTube, Facebook and Twitter into the video content space with new Discover feature (Variety)
- Harry Potter star Emma Watson cast as Belle in new live-action Beauty and the Beast movie (Mashable)