ullistoef-studo100
People Moves

Studio 100 CEO to depart

Ulli Stoef is stepping down from his role as head of m4e and Studio 100 by the end of June.
January 29, 2019

Ulli Stoef, CEO of Germany’s Studio 100 Media and m4e, has announced that he will step down from his role by the end of June, as the production companies continue to settle into their merger.

In February 2017, Studio 100 acquired a majority stake (more than 60%) in m4e, which Stoef founded. Then throughout 2017 and 2018, Studio 100 acquired additional shares (up to 95% of the total) and initiated a “squeeze out”  to buy up the remaining 5%. It now owns nearly 100% of m4e.

When Stoef came on board as CEO of the merged entity, one of his primary tasks was to integrate the two businesses, which he has done successfully. Stoef will continue to carry out his current duties until his resignation in June, when he plans to return to being an independent entrepreneur.

Hans Bourlon, a Studio 100 founder and member of the management board, will assume Stoef’s tasks and oversight of the local Studio 100 management team until a replacement CEO is recruited.

Since the acquisition of M4E, Studio 100 has been on a growth spurt, opening movie studio Isar Animation in October, with space for up to 40 artists. The Munich-based studio’s first project will by Maya and the Bee—The Golden Orb (working title), a third CGI-animated feature film for the franchise.

About The Author
Alexandra Whyte is Kidscreen's News & Social Media Editor. Contact her at awhyte@brunico.com

Menu

Brand Menu