Big-box retailer Target is getting into the festive spirit early with the release of its Bullseye’s Top Toy list for the holidays.
Unboxing is highlighted as a key trend for the season, with Spin Master’s Hatchimals and MGA Entertainment’s L.O.L. Surprise! brands both making the cut.
Similar to Amazon’s holiday toy list, Target is expecting tech products and classic brands to be big drivers for this year’s all-important Q4. Mattel’s Barbie Dreamhouse made its list, as did high-tech toys such as WowWee’s Fingerlings HUGS Interactive Plush Monkey and Hasbro’s furReal Rock-A-Too the Show Bird (pictured).
To corner more holiday sales, Target is expanding its toy offerings with more than 2,500 new and exclusive items available in stores and online, and is also launching a digital take on its annual gifting catalogue.
Walmart has similarly expanded its toy inventory (by 30% in store and 40% online) under the new America’s Best Toy Shop branding. These expansions follow a difficult second quarter for toycos like Hasbro, Mattel and Jakks Pacific, with declines attributed to the shuttering of Toys “R” Us.
The complete Bullseye’s Top Toy List can be viewed here, and some of the items for 2018 include:
- Crate Creatures Giant Creature Croak
- L.O.L. Surprise! BIGGER Surprise
- Barbie Dreamhouse
- Baby Alive Sweet Spoonfulls Baby Doll (Target exclusive)
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Learning Home
- LEGO Unikitty Unikingdom Fairground Fun
- Fingerlings HUGS Interactive Plush Monkey
- furReal Rock-A-Too, the Show Bird
- Pikmi Pops Unicorn Super Flip (Target exclusive)
- NERF Laser Ops Pro AlphaPoint 2-Pack
- Sesame Street Let’s Dance Elmo
- PAW Patrol Ultimate Fire Truck
- Transforming Princess Knight Nella Doll
- Lupita Doll & Book Set (Target exclusive)
- Hot Wheels Ultimate Gator Car Wash