Sarah Muller
People Moves

Senior exec changes rolling out at BBC Children’s

Among moves that see reshuffling within its senior executive team, BBC Children's has named Sarah Muller as the first creative director, scripted, animation and co-productions at CBBC.
September 16, 2015

Among moves that see reshuffling within its senior executive team, BBC Children’s has named Sarah Muller (pictured) as the first creative director of scripted, animation and co-productions at CBBC – a role that places emphasis on CBBC’s  in-house scripted output across both live action and animation.

Muller will continue to lead CBBC’s in-house drama development team, as well as secure third-party co-production projects and funding. She will also serve as the key exec for CBBC Productions animation projects, working closely with co-pro partners, and she will continue to build animation across the North.

Meanwhile, Jackie Edwards  has been named head of BBC Children’s acquisitions and independent animation, which broadens Edwards’ existing work on CBeebies’ acquisitions portfolio to include CBBC pre-buys and licensed acquisitions. Edwards, who will report directly to channel controllers Kay Benbow (CBeebies) and Cheryl Taylor (CBBC), has overseen titles such as Octonauts, Rastamouse and The Clangers.

Alison Stewart, head of CBeebies production, will further the channel’s in-house and co-production slate, while Edwards picks up responsibility for acquisitions.

All of the changes roll into place starting next month.

Earlier this summer, CBBC announced plans to bolster its in-house programming slate with a roster of new commissions, including Pocket Money Pitch and Diddy TV, as well as a second season for new drama Hetty Feather. Younger-skewing CBeebies, which reaches roughly 2.2 million children every week, entered into a position of more co-production growth last year, thanks to television regulator Ofcom’s decision in March 2014 to increase the channel’s quota of acquired programs from 20% to 30%, leaving 70% of the sked designated for original content. 


About The Author
Wendy is Kidscreen’s Associate Editor. When she’s not sourcing material for the brand's daily email newsletter, she’s researching, writing and connecting with others about the newest trends in digital media. Contact Wendy at


Brand Menu