Canada’s DHX Media has locked in a wide range of new and renewed North American and worldwide broadcast and merchandising deals for its Caillou preschool property.
The pacts span the merchandise and licensing categories of toys, storage containers, health and beauty and interactive and include:
* Montreal-based ID Toys as taken the US and multi-territory rights to rollout Caillou toys, such as plush, dolls, plastic vehicles, playsets, puzzles, art & craft activities, molded cases and stickers.
* Dorval, Canada-based Karmin International has been appointed US licensee for a range of traditional puzzle products.
* Toronto, Canada’s video multimedia platform-maker Percy3D has taken the worldwide digital party invitation rights to the character. The three-year deal spearheads the brand’s entry into immersive technology, DHX says.
* New Berlin, Wisconson-based Buy Seasons has renewed its agreement for Caillou party goods which can be matched to the personalized video invitation experience offered by Percy 3D.
* Mississauga, Canada based Centura Brands, a health and beauty company, has taken the Canadian rights for shampoo, bubble bath, soaps, body wash, lip balms and poufs.
* Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Canada-based Garel Sales Agencies has agreed to launch Caillou-branded storage containers of all shapes and sizes.
* Daytime Entertainment has been awarded the license for Caillou Meet and Greet Costumes.
* New York-based Komar Kids has pacted to bring licensed sleepwear to market.
Finally, DHX says 24-hour preschool channel Sprout has picked up Caillou’s Holiday Movie.
This news follows the disclosure last week that PBS Kids had taken a fourth-season, 26-episode order of Caillou.
From Playback online