Your career vision helps you make the shift from being reactive to being purposeful and motivated about your work. At Nebo, we’ve had a strong demand for our webcast, Set Your Career Vision. This 60-minute program makes six key points that help you drive your own career:
1. Notice the story you habitually tell about your career progression – what is your typical role in your own story? How would you like to change this going forward?
2. Tell yourself the truth. Before you envision your future, take stock of where you really are and how you got there. Reflect on what is true in your life right now – and notice where you are tempted to gloss over your truth to justify your current circumstances.
3. Fear is inevitable as you envision a bold step for yourself. Don’t let that stop you!
4. Choose a visioning point in the future that’s meaningful to you. 5 years from now, 10 years from now, at the end of your life – what do you want your career and life to look like?
5. Share your vision with a close friend and ask for support. We need encouragement as we go about stepping into our highest potential.
6. Take small steps every day to begin making your vision real. Too often, we psyche ourselves out by trying to make dramatic changes all at once and feeling disappointed when it doesn’t happen. Baby steps every day or every week will turn the tide and get you moving in the right direction.