Check out the top 15 children’s fiction books sold in the US over the last week, courtesy of our friends at Publishers Weekly.
1. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, Little, Brown/Tingley, US$9.99
2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney, Abrams/Amulet, US$12.95
3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney, Abrams/Amulet, US$12.95.
4. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer, Little, Brown/Tingley, US$17.99.
5. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer, Little, Brown/Tingley, US$18.99.
6. Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen, Viking, US$18.99
7. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick, Scholastic Press, US$22.99.
8. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Knopf, US$11.99.
9. Just Listen Sarah Dessen, Puffin, US$8.99.
10. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie,
Little, Brown, US$16.99.
11. The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall, Knopf.
12. Once Upon a Time in the North by Philip Pullman, Knopf, US$12.99
13. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, Razorbill, US$16.99
14. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart, Little, Brown, US$6.99.
15. Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!: Voices from a Medieval Village by Laura Amy Schlitz
Used with permission, copyright Publishers Weekly 2008; a full listing in all categories can be found at www.publishersweekly.com.