Check out the top-15 children’s picture books sold in the US over the week of April 21, courtesy of our friends at Publishers Weekly.
1. Gallop! by Rufus Butler Seder, Workman, US$12.95.
2. The Pigeon Wants a Puppy! by Mo Willems, Hyperion, US$14.99
3. Dirt on My Shirt by Jeff Foxworthy, HarperCollins, US$16.99
4. Fancy Nancy: Bonjour Butterfly by Jane O’Connor, HarperCollins, US$16.99
5. Don’t Bump the Glump! And Other Fantasies by Shel Silverstein, HarperCollins, US$17.99
6. Knuffle Bunny Too by Mo Willems, Hyperion, US$16.99
7. The Jellybeans and the Big Dance by Laura Numeroff, Abrams, US$15.95
8. Smash Crash! by Jon Scieszka, Simon & Schuster, US$16.99
9. Zen Ties by Jon J. Muth, Scholastic Press, US$17.99
10. Alphabet by Matthew Van Fleet and Brian Stanton, Simon & Schuster/Wiseman, US$19.99.
11. My Dog May Be a Genius by Jack Prelutsky and James Stevenson, Greenwillow, US$18.99
12. First the Egg by Laura Vaccaro Seeger, Roaring Brook/Porter, US$14.95
13. Star Wars: A Pop-Up Guide to the Galaxy by Matthew Reinhart, Orchard US$32.99.
14. Arthur Spiderwick’s Field Guide to the Fantasical World Around you by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi, Simon & Schuster, US$24.99
15. Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann, HarperCollins, US$16.99.
Used with permission, copyright Publishers Weekly 2008; a full listing in all categories can be found at www.publishersweekly.com.