It’s been anything but a good day for the US toy industry. Beyond Spin Master’s move, there have been a number of lead-contamination related recalls announced by manufacturers via the US Consumer Products Safety Commission. Read on.
• 110,000 Curious George plush dolls, produced from 2005 to the present, recalled by Marvel Entertainment as their surface coatings contain excess levels of lead.
• 380,000 Pull-Back Action Toy Cars, imported directly from Chinese manufacturers by Dollar General Merchandising.
• 7,500 Dragster and Funny Car toys, imported by International Sourcing Ltd.
• 1,300 Dizzy Ducks Music Box products, imported by Schylling Associates.
• 3,600 Winnie the Pooh Spinning Top products, imported by Schylling Associates.
• 3,500 Duck Family Collectible Wind-Up Toy products, imported Schylling Associates.
• 2,600 Robot 2000 collectable tin robot products, imported by Schylling Associates.
• 7,200 Big Red Wagons, imported by Northern Tool & Equipment Co.