News

Majesco makes steady gains in Q2

Edison, New Jersey-based game co Majesco Entertainment tabled its Q2 results yesterday with net revenues ringing in at US$14.6 million for the quarter ending April 30, 2007, up from the 2006 figure of US$11.2.
June 15, 2007

Edison, New Jersey-based game co Majesco Entertainment tabled its Q2 results yesterday with net revenues ringing in at US$14.6 million for the quarter ending April 30, 2007, up from the 2006 figure of US$11.2.

Jesse Sutton, the company’s interim CEO, said the results have met expectations with the increase due to more effective distribution and improved gross margins.

New releases made up 84% of the company’s sales, while catalogue titles accounted for the remaining 16%. In terms of platforms, Nintendo titles made up the lion’s share of revenues, with Wii games comprising 55% of sales and DS games coming in at 33%.

On Majesco’s slate for the third quarter are kid-oriented releases for the Nintendo DS, including Dino Master and Nacho Libre.

About The Author
Gary Rusak is a freelance writer based in Toronto. He has covered the kids entertainment industry for the last decade with a special interest in licensing, retail and consumer products. You can reach him at garyrusak@gmail.com

Menu

Brand Menu