Toronto, Canada’s Portfolio Entertainment has acquired TV distribution, home video, non-theatrical and multimedia rights for five preschool series from puppetry specialist Radical Sheep Productions, also based in Toronto.
The deal covers worldwide distribution except in English-language Canada, and The Big Comfy Couch is also taken care of by other distributors in the US and South Korea.
Here’s a look at the five shows joining Portfolio’s portfolio:
1. The Big Comfy Couch, a 100 x 30-minute live-action puppet series that currently airs on Treehouse TV in Canada and PBS in the US.
2. Amigo and Me, a 65 x five-minute live-action/CGI combo featuring a stuffed animal that is brought to life.
3. Ruffus the Dog, a 26 x 15-minute classic puppet series that focuses on literacy.
4. Panda Bear Daycare, another 26 x 15-minute puppet series.
5. Land O’ Hands, a 50 x four-minute puppet series set in the pre-historical world.