Online social networking hub Habbo has partnered with Earth Day Network to try and encourage older kids and teens to become more eco-friendly.
The effort, dubbed Green Teen, will overtake part of the Habbo site and feature tips on green living and green schools. Habbo is also offering specially designed Green Furni (aka furniture, for us old dudes) that site members can use to decorate and personalize their online rooms.
As for the green tips, here’s a taste:
1. Encourage family to replace 10 light bulbs with new energy-saving models
2. Start a recycling program for your school
3. Take shorter or cooler showers
4. Organize a school-wide clean-up day
5. Turn off lights when you are not using them
The campaign runs until April 22, Earth Day.