Vice President and General Manager, CTW Online
Career at a glance
* Graduated from University of Pennsylvania in 1986 with a bachelor of arts and science.
* Joined Rebo High Definition Studios as vice president of marketing and business development.
* Became senior director, client services for entertainment and technology sectors at Frankfurt Balkind Partners.
* From 1993 to 1995, worked as vice president of marketing, then vice president of programming for the television shopping network Q2, headquartered in Westchester, Pennsylvania. In this position, she was responsible for developing 20 on-air weekly series and cable affiliate and consumer marketing campaigns, as well as for all on-air talent and programming staff.
* Signed on as senior vice president of programming and chief architect of New York-based iVillage in 1995, where she led the development of the Parent Soup, About Work, Vice & Virtues and Chat Village on-line communities.
The new job
As vice president and general manager of this newly formed division of Children’s Television Workshop, Sharkey will lead a major expansion of the company’s existing on-line presence (www.ctw.org) and the growth of the on-line team in the areas of technology, marketing and distribution, content development, sponsorship and business development.
‘To take the heritage, the principles and the foundations of education and entertainment for kids and families and make something that’s unique and original for this platform.’