Christopher Russo, Executive Vice President of Franchise Programming and Marketing, New Line Television
Career at a Glance
- Received a BA from Northwestern University and an MBA from Harvard.
- Joined NBC in 1990 as a management associate and completed rotations in news, finance, sports and marketing.
- Held several marketing positions at NBC and was named vice president of marketing development and promotions in 1994.
- Joined New Line Television in 1995 as senior vice president of marketing.
The New Job
- Appointed executive vice president of franchise programming and marketing. In this new role, Russo will be responsible for the development of franchise programs and properties, while retaining his marketing responsibilities for New Line Television.
‘The challenge is to find and develop new TV properties for network, cable and syndication, with a focus on those brands that can be extended to other media, consumer products, publishing, interactive platforms and live events. With New Line’s unique sensibility, marketing resources and commitment to franchise development, we can successfully build entertainment brands in an increasingly competitive environment.’