Career at a Glance
- Received a bachelor of science in communications media from Bemidji State University in Bemidji, Minnesota.
- Worked at a variety of market radio stations in the marketing and creative departments.
- Won several awards for commercial and promotional writing and production, including five Clio Awards, two Art Directors Copywriters Club of New York Andy Awards, a national Addy Award and two Best of Show Awards.
- Became vice president of new business development for Johnson Grossfield, a Minneapolis-based sales promotion agency, where he developed sales promotion strategies for Target stores, 3M and Pillsbury, among others.
- Joined E! Entertainment Television in 1994 as vice president of promotions. He was responsible for off-air network promotions involving tie-in partnerships and strategic alliances.
The New Job
- Overseeing the marketing strategies for Looney Tunes and Warner Bros. properties such as Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures. He will report to Rob Gruen, senior vice president, retail business development and worldwide marketing, Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
‘The long-term objective is looking for new ways to keep the brands fresh and exciting-what I call new information in the marketplace-and that can be in terms of brand extension or new looks to present creative, while keeping consistent with the core brand expressions.’