Vice President Marketing, Hanna-Barbera Cartoons
Career at a glance
- Received a bachelor of science from Monmouth College in West Long Branch, New Jersey, in 1980.
- From 1980 to 1982, ran his own exercise gym in Little Silver, New Jersey.
- Served as an account executive with New York-based ad agency Kenyon & Eckhardt from 1982 to 1984.
- Spent five years at Young & Rubicam of New York as an account supervisor for the Advil, TWA and Oil of Olay businesses.
- In 1989, joined the Los Angeles office of Ogilvy & Mather as an account supervisor on the Mattel account. Promoted to vice president.
- In 1992, came on board with Tyco Toys of Mount Laurel, New Jersey, as director, advertising and corporate communications. Handled creative, media planning and buying, licensing, consumer promotions and public relations.
The new job
- Named vice president, marketing of Hanna-Barbera Cartoons of Hollywood. As the senior most marketing staff, he is responsible for the brand management of all Hanna-Barbera properties domestically and internationally. Supervises the marketing, classic characters, in-house advertising and costume characters departments, and works closely with all other Turner distribution companies.
- His ambition is to ‘create new cartoon hits that will eventually be folded into our library,’ and will generate ongoing revenue. His immediate focus is on making a splash of the launch of Jonny Quest and Dexter’s Laboratory.