News

Re-boot logs off

ABC has logged off ReBoot as it ushers in a heavily revamped Saturday morning lineup for the 1996-97 season....
March 1, 1996

ABC has logged off ReBoot as it ushers in a heavily revamped Saturday morning lineup for the 1996-97 season.

Steven DeNure, president of Alliance Multimedia of Toronto, which co-produced the show with BLT Limited of Vancouver, says he anticipated that when Disney announced its bid for ABC last year, ‘one of the reasons would be so that Disney could put more of its own programming on ABC. In fact, that’s exactly what’s happened,’ he says. ‘[In] the lineup for next fall, there are more Disney shows on it than last year.’

For its part, ABC says ReBoot averages fifth this season out of the 10 half-hour series in its 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday time slot. Still, says an ABC spokesperson, the decision was not based on the performance of the show, but of the overall schedule.

DeNure is confident that the program will find a new home in the U.S., and Alliance is in discussions with broadcasters. The company is planning to make another 16 episodes for next season.

ReBoot has currently been sold to 41 countries, most of which will start airing the show within six to nine months.

About The Author

Menu

Brand Menu