Career at a Glance:
- Graduated from North of England Higher Secretarial College in Leeds, England.
- Started career in 1977 at Trident TV, Leeds, England as secretary in international sales department.
- After Trident lost its TV franchise in 1981, went to work for TVS International/Telso and within four years was promoted to sales manager handling the marketing of the TVS catalogue to major territories.
- In 1990 was appointed by YTV International as a marketing executive to evaluate the sales potential of the Trident catalogue, which was re-launched in 1991 as YTV’s Classic Collection.
- In June 1991, joined Link Licensing Ltd. as international sales manager and appointed director of international sales in 1993. Responsible for the running of Link Entertainment, which included the marketing and sales of children’s and family entertainment and short films to both the international and domestic TV and video marketplace.
The New Job
- Appointed vice president, North America, to expand Link’s activities in the U.S. marketplace including the marketing of the existing catalogue, which is a selection of high quality children’s and family programming. Additionally, will be looking for co-production and pre-sale opportunities while seeking U.S. product for marketing outside of the U.S. by Link’s U.K.-based sales team.
- ‘Link already has an excellent reputation in the U.K. for the distribution and licensing of high quality children’s and family programming. We now want to build the same in the U.S. market.’